About 3 or more years ago I started a quiet book with my friend Kristen. After seeing her amazing quiet book finished last fall, I tried to work on mine. But it never happened. I just couldn't get into it. Then two weeks ago I decided to go at it from a different angle. I didn't use what I already had, maybe some day I will go back and finish that one. I decided to do this one out of felt instead of drawing pictures on interfacing like the other one I was working on. And I totally got into it. It is all I wanted to do all day, but I held back and the baby still got fed, the house stayed fairly clean, and dinner was on the table.
I was able to finish it thanks to my mom who took Hannie for a whole night and day! (It was a late anniversary for Bob and I since he was so sick on our real anniversary.) For those of you who may think I am creative on this one, it's not entirely me. I found most of my ideas from other people, like my great-grandma's quiet book and from the Internet.
I posted pictures of the quiet book on my quilting blog (click on the pink button on the right).
Some ladies at my church wanted to make one, so this month we are getting together to make them. If any of you locals out there want to come and join us it will be fun! We're making them on Saturday Feb. 13 at 9:00am, Wednesday Feb. 17 at 7:00pm (at my house), and Sat. Feb. 27 at 9:00am. It won't take all three days to make them, the three days are just let you choose which dates work best for you. Just let me know!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are inspiring me! I have had materials to make quiet book pages for ONE YEAR and haven't touched it :) Too bad I live in Georgia, or I'd come over ALL of those times to make mine!
I seen it on the day you had it in Relief Society. I so want to do one, count me in. I hope it's not too hard to do, cause I'm not much into sewing. It's super cute though I'm excited!
I WANT to make one!! I've been looking for ideas for quiet books online. I've seen lots of cute ideas but have no idea where to start. Did it take 20 hours to complete too? So cute!
Post a Comment