Hannalee has had a rough winter. She hates the snow. It's hard to walk in, there's no friut in our yard, and the stuff is just too darn cold.
One day Hannalee was in the kitchen just screaming, crying. The kind of cry that she does when she is hurt. I went to see what was wrong. She looked fine, but was still whimpering. She pointed to a pile of snow that I had broguht in on my feet. She then, still whimpering, started brushing her hands of on her shirt. Apperently she had touched the snow and didn't like it.
Well yesterday was a nice sunny warm day so we went outside for a bit of puddle hopping, Hannie's favorite sport. I started throwing snow for the dog and soon Hannalee came over. I put a bit of snow in her mitten for her to throw. She tossed it, then came the amazing part. She picked up more snow on her own! I know, whoopty-doo, but for Hannalee it was a big step. Maybe we will get her on the slopes after all.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment