Monday, January 4, 2010

Nursery


Hannalee and church have not gotten along lately. Our church started at 1:30 which was the prime of Hannalee's afternoon nap. She would get so cranky that even taking her in the hall wasn't helpful. Bob and I developed a system of driving two cars to church. We would take turns taking Hannalee home for her nap while the other person got to stay.

This year our church is at 8:30. It's wonderful. Hannalee is most pleasant in the mornings and we have time in the afternoon to travel to see family.

We also decided to put Hannalee in nursery. I wasn't going to do it because I didn't want her to catch any colds, but I've decided she is going to get colds anyway so why torture ourselves through church. Also, Hannalee has been a pretty social baby and likes other people. Lately she is starting to get more clingy to me. I thought I had better hurry and introduce her to nursery before she decides to become too much of a mama's girl.

I thought I would be ecstatic leaving her in nursery and enjoy my lessons. I was excited, but I also missed her. I stayed in there with her for the first 15 min. She seemed to be having fun playing with the toys and she warmed up to the nursery works very quickly. So I got up to leave and she looked at me and watched me go. I stood outside the door waiting to hear her start crying, but she never did. I peeked through the window and she had gone back to playing. I peeked in again between Sunday school and Relief Society and she was happily playing with Grandpa Bud, one of the nursery workers.

When I came to pick her up after RS they said she was wonderful the whole time. She even colored a picture, though they said she ate more crayons than she colored. (They have had older kids in the nursery and now with little ones again they forgot to watch them with crayons.)

I can't believe my baby is in nursery. What's next? College?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so cute! I know what you mean, we just put Zach in nursery too and its like, "my baby is getting so BIG", and THANKS for the great advice... I will have to look for one of those night lights, I had never heard of those, but that would propably work great for Jaida and I think I'll try putting Zach to bed later tonight and see how that goes... THANK YOU, THANK YOU:):)

Heather W. said...

Yeah just wait till she closes the door on you, that's what Bridger's does to me. It's sad at first, then you get use to it and it's rather nice ;)

Lynn said...

That picture is too cute. I too had to warn our nursery people that Maddie liked to chew on the crayons. You're better than me, I pushed Maddie into nursery with me foot (my arms were full), said "have fun", and walked away.

Ali Andrus said...

Haha yep she's getting so big!!! I think you're right, college is right around the corner at this pace. What a good girl. :)

Jen Frame said...

I LOVE the picture! Absolutely adorable! Our church just moved to 9:00 and I'm so excited. I still have 2 more months to wait out nursery, but we've been going in for a few minutes during Sunday School to get her used to it!

When are we going to play? :)

Anonymous said...

I know what it's like, Bennett just started primary, yikes, where does the time go? By the way, love those quilts, you are so talented!