For many, many, many years my grandpa would only wear one kind of shirt; it was western cut shirt that had to be made by my grandma. Then a couple of years ago he found a shirt in a store that he liked and decided he didn't need my grandma to make his shirts any more. Fortunately for me my grandma had a couple of tubs of shirt material left unneeded. (She kept all the little scraps so she could patch a shirt with matching material).
I decided to make them quilts for Christmas out of the scraps. I started in October and was able to get them done by the first of December. I love the way they turned out. (Every piece of material on the front is made out scraps form my grandpa's shirts. The back is flannel. They are large lap quilts.)
This on is my Grandmas:
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those suit them so well. Lovely job.
What a special gift. This is amazing, Britney. You are seriously talented!
Post a Comment