Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our Christmas Tree 2009

The Christmas season does not officially start in my mind until I have a tree up. We were going to go cut our own tree this year, but every weekend someone ended up sick around our house. So, we gave in and bought one at a local Christmas Tree Farm. Hannalee browsed the rows of Christmas trees.

One was too big, another too small, but this one was just right.

We brought it home and Bob put it in the Christmas tree stand while I moaned on the couch (I was still getting over the flu.) There the pretty little tree sat for three days undecorated while we waited for Bob to get over his turn with the flu. (Hannalee got the stomach flu first and it spread from there.)


Hannalee thought it was the funniest thing to have a tree sitting in our living room. She would point to a tree in a book we were reading and I would say tree. Then she pointed to our Christmas Tree and would laugh. I was worried Hannalee might knock the tree over, but she didn't like touching the tree. It was too poky.

When we got around to decorating the tree Hannalee was game. We first strung the lights and Hannalee loved those. Then we got out the ornaments and Hannalee had a field day chewing on them and trying to hang them on the tree. She has been pretty good about leaving most of them on the tree, with exception to her favorites. She loves the bell ones and one that is an orange shoe.




1 comment:

We're Hatchin' said...

What a bummer to be sick, but I think it's definitely going around. We just got over something similar a couple of weeks ago. I hope you're all doing better, and what a GREAT Tree!!