Here is a good mystery for those of you who are good detectives out there. We are stumped.
This morning Bob woke me up saying, "Karley (our dog) is hurt. You need to come with me." Thinking the worst I threw on some warm cloths. Bob had her locked up in our laundry room. She was sitting patiently, but had blood all over her and all over the floor. (There is also a lot of bloody paw prints all over our patio, by her dog house, and by our cars. But the bloody tracks don't lead to the road.) There was blood on her head, body, tail, legs, and feet. But oddly she didn't seem too distressed and I couldn't see any gaping wounds. Upon closer inspection, I found that all of the blood was coming from her back paws. All of her back toenails were bleeding. Two of the toenails were missing, a couple were just hanging on, one was shattered and cracked, and others were just stubs. Her front paws were fine and she has no other sore spots or cuts anywhere on her body.
I took her to the vet who checked her out. He was as baffled about it as me. He said it looked like she had drug her back paws or been drug by something only on her hind legs. It doesn't make sense that she got hit by a car because there isn't another single injury any where else on her body. ?????????
So, what happened? Do you have any good scenarios?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hmmm good question. Maybe she got stuck on some ice, ya know kinda like the kid w/ the tounge to the flag pole, but probably not I can't imagine her paws would do that. Hmm yeah well good luck with that. :)
The ice thing is what I originally thought too. But I can't see how all of her toe nails would have been so damaged.
Post a Comment