Friday, December 18, 2009

Colds, Humidity, and Hair

After having the stomach flu rampage though our home, we made a quick transition into getting a cold/sinus infection (maybe H1N1?). Hannie got it first again. (Where is she getting these from?) This is her first big sickness. She has had stuffy noses before and such, but nothing too alarming and all had been short lived. What ever she got this time is not going away without a fight. On Tuesday night she was so congested she had a hard time breathing. It was the Darth Vader type breathing. I made a 10:00 run to the local store to get a "burger sucker" and a humidifier. It was a rough night but the next day she seemed on the up. But, the next night a cough set in and a fever.

By this time Bob came down with it. On Thursday I had to go get Bob from work because he was feeling so sick. I think they are both still feeling pretty miserable, Bob moans a lot and Hannie wines more than usual. Fortunately I am feeling good so I can be the nurse. I just hope they get feeling better because we all need to get out of this house, soon. :0)

This is what happens to Hannie's hair in humidity. Her curls come back.

Hannie's hair after the pig tales come out. Aka Perma-piggy-tales.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like Hannie might have croup. When her breathing sounds like that again, bundle her up and take her outside so she can breathe the cold air. If it's croup, it will help.