The other morning Hannalee kept asking for something, but I couldn't understand the word. In the conversation I will put ???? where the word was that I couldn't understand. This was our conversation:
Hannalee: I need a ????
Me: A what?
H: A ????
Me: Explain what that is.
H: It protects you from snakes.
Me: Still don't understand.
H: Daddy has a ????.
Me: Can you show me where it is?
H: (Puts her fingers through the belt loops on her pants) It goes right here and daddy wears it.
Me: A belt?
H: Yes, I need a belt to protect me from the snakes.
No idea how that is going to protect her, and don't know where she came up with that idea. But she has a thing with snakes. Last year we were hiking and Bob killed a rattle snake that was on the trail using rocks. This year we were at a park and there was a rattle snake in the bathroom. An old guy came with a shovel to kill that one. That night Hannalee was sleeping with a stuffed animal that had a rattle in it. She woke up screaming. When I went into her room she was out of bed and pointing saying there was a snake in her bed. Poor girl.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment