Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If You Were Wondering

I was giving the straightest of straight hair.


Unless my mom got a hold of my hair. This was my first day of kindergarten.

In my younger years it was "curlable" and would hold a curl for most of the day.

But then Hannalee came along. I always tell people that she stole my curls. Which is fine. She has wonderful natural curls. Her hair is not too curly, but there are enough curls that it forms beautiful ringlets and has a cute poofy look when it goes wild. I know someday she will hate her curls, but you know us strait haired girls hate our straightness too.

And I love that all I have to do is brush it and put it in a pony tail.

Everyone asks where she gets the curls from. They're from Bob. He has the handsomest curly hair, when it's long, which he never lets it get that way anymore. Sigh. But I am thankful he is passing it on to our children.

Yes, children. They both got the curls. Least you worry that Tayo got left out of the great hair. He didn't. Look at those curls. Love, love, love them. Going to be a ladies man.



And he got his daddy's gorgeous eyes. But this look is called "The Tayo." He gives this look all the time. He is the brightest eyed baby and everyone always comments on it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love their curls! I was so sad that Maddie's grew out. Hannie is such a sweetheart, and Tayo is a cutie.