Monday, September 26, 2011

County Fair

Around here the fair is a big, BIG deal. Everything revolves around the fair. The week of the fair things shut down: no church activities, stores close, school can't start.

But I have to admit, I too get caught up in the fair spirits. We finally made it to the parade, the event that starts off the fair. It was the best parade I've ever attended. People threw so much candy, Popsicles, and even packaged cereal. I lasted over an hour!


Tayo spent the whole parade like this. Such a content boy.


Hannalee did lots of waving for candy and who wouldn't pass up giving it to this cute little girl.

She also couldn't help herself to dancing as the band passed.

We went to the fair every day because it's free! Awesome bonus. We ate fair food for lunch and dinner. And Hannalee visited all the animals at least 10 times. Her favorite was the pigs.


I also entered a quilt and a crochet afghan (the first I've ever made).


Blue ribbons all around. Though one negative comment was, "it looks like the quilt has been used." We'll isn't that what quilts are for?

No comments: