Friday, September 9, 2011

Want to Eat vs. Can't Figure Out How To Eat

With Tayo I was determined not to worry about the whole rice cereal at 4 months, baby food at 6 months schedule. I would just do what I thought was right for Tayo. So if that meant holding off on solids for a while then so be it. But Tayo started being interested in Food around 5 months. So, what the heck. Lets give it a try.

He opened his mouth willingly to the spoon. He gave the "What did you put in my mouth?" look. But then, he pushed everything out with his tongue.

OK. Let's try this again. Nothing was going into his belly, just onto his bib. Maybe another day.

Two months later we still have not got more than one bite successfully into his belly. He just can't figure out how to swallow it. Now he is starting to refuse to open his mouth to baby food. But bring out our food and he is all over it. His favorite, corn on the cob and watermelon. He likes it because he can just touch it with his tongue and suck on. No swallowing needed.


I said at the first of this post I was willing to go on Tayo's schedule with solid foods. Well I was, but now I'm not. I'm tired of being the only course if you know what I mean. A little supplemental feedings would be great for giving mommy a break and maybe a night out of the house? To much to ask Tayo? Just swallow already! :0)


P.S.

Our new high chair.
We upgraded.
We love it.
Though I do miss the sentimental old high chair from my baby hood and Hannie's babyhood.

(Hannalee, the same age as Tayo in the old high chair. I forgot what a hairball she was. :0)

But the new one has a huge tray, doesn't wobble like it's going to fall down, and cleans so nicely.
Sigh, the wonders of modern conveniences. I love garage sales.

No comments: