Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dresses

I have found yet another hobby, making Hannalee dresses. I really enjoy sewing them because, unlike quilts, the finish product comes a lot quicker. Here is a sun dress that I made for her around Easter. It was super easy. The hardest part was trying to get her to hold still while I took the picture.


Here is another dress that I just finished. I used a pattern to help make the top and the sleeves, but the skirt and the bottom I just guessed-imated. Both dresses are a bit long for some people's taste, but I'm a sucker for little girls in long dresses. I always buy Hannie's dresses big so she can wear them now and later. At 6 months she was wearing an 18 month dress because I liked how long and pretty it looked on her.




When I put on the dress on her she said, "Pri-y." (Pretty.) I'm defiantly raising a girly girl, which she doesn't get from me. :0)

1 comment:

Mellie said...

Cute dresses! Hannalee is getting so big! Such a cutie!