Friday, June 24, 2011

Lagoon

Two weeks ago the weather finally turned warm. It was Wednesday 11:00 am and I was sitting at home thinking, "What nice weather it is today. What could I do fun with the kids?"

Then as if he had read my mind Bob called. "I have a crazy idea," he said. "Do you want to go to Lagoon?"

Bring it on! (This is not something we do very often. The first time I ever went to Lagoon was in Jr. High. The next time I went was when Bob's work had a work party there like 5 years ago.)

I quickly packed my car full of everything I thought we might need and more, fed Tayo and Hannalee and headed down to meet Bob. My mom even agreed to come along as the babysitter! Thanks mom. We could NOT have done it without you.

Hannalee was mesmerized by all the people. We went straight to the kiddie rides. I was much more excited to see Hannalee ride some rides than I was to do any.

I put her on this one first:

I thought it just went around in circles, but it actually goes up and down too. Hannalee was a bit nervous when I couldn't get on with her, truth be told I was nervous too. The look on her face as the ride started up was a look of being almost terrified. But she didn't cry. She looked a bit better after she saw us waving. When the ride stopped, I was worried she wouldn't want to do anything more. But as I got her out she said enthusiastically, "Do it again?"

Hannalee had a blast. She bravely went on all the kiddie rides by herself. The only one she didn't like was the kids dragon roller coaster because it was too loud. As we were riding it she kept asking, "All done?" And when we got out she said, "Lets do something different." So we went on a big ride, a roller coaster type one that went in circles. It was going so fast she was really leaning. The look on her face was terror again, but when it stopped she asked, "Do it again?"

The day was even warm enough that we went to Lagoona Beach. Hannalee was sad she couldn't go on the big slides. But she enjoyed playing in the water at the little kids pool.

Tayo spent most of the time in the stroller sleeping or playing pass the baby. He was a trooper the whole day. So was Hannalee. She didn't throw any fits until about 8:00 because she was so tired. (No nap and a busy day, it's bound to break her.)

Hannalee's Favorite ride

My mom and I did the Bat. From the ground it looks like a calm ride so my mom agreed to go on it (she's not fond of roller coasters). But the Bat is a little more intense than it looks, very fun though. Bob and I snuck away while Tayo was napping and Hannalee did the boats for like the fifth time. We went on the ride Wicked, and that is what it was. It is so scary. Then we did Bob's favorite ride, the Colossus. I hate that one. The first time I did it (back in Jr. High) I passed out and my friend had to hold me in. This time it made me feel sick for an hour after. Next time I'll just watch Bob.

As the fun day drew to an end we took a ride on the train. Hannalee was mesmerized by all the animals.




And on the way out of the park we couldn't pass by the carousel without one ride. Hannalee said, "I rode a horsey up and down, up and down. Oh and Bob couldn't leave without a couple of turns on the Bumper Cars. (And my first time on them, crazy.)

Both kids were out cold on the ride home, too bad I had to drive a car too or I would have been. What an enjoyable day that I will always cherish. The looks of pure joy on Hannalee's face was heart melting. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to spend a day like that with my family.

No comments: