Hi, my name is Britney and I am a blog addict. I have written 200 posts and I am proud of it. I love writing blogs and I love reading other peoples blogs. But there is more to it than just that.
I once had someone ask me if I took pictures just to post on my blog. And yes I do. But there is a good reasons that I do, I want to remember that moment, so I blog about it. Blogging has two main purposes for me:
1. It is my journal. I am steeling a quote off of my friend's blog that I love. (I hope you don't mind Jenny.)
It says: "You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
Blogging is the best way of journaling for me. I can type a lot faster than I write, I do it more often this way, and I can put pictures with it.
Stealing from another friend of mine (Thanks Kelly), I make my blog into a book each year using "Blurb". It is the coolest thing ever! I also used my friend's idea of making a hard back book for our family then saving a soft cover version for each of my children that they can take with them in the future.
2. It allows my family to keep in touch with our every day lives. I love that I can write about something Hannalee did and all of my family gets to laugh with me.
At this time I would also like to thank my readers. I like sharing my life with you and appreciate all of your comments.
So here is to 200 more future posts!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment