Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Trip to Our Old Stomping Grounds

When Saturday morning started out cold and windy, our fun weekend plans looked shattered. But by noon the temperature had risen into the 50s, warm enough, we had to get out of the house. So we headed over to our old college town.

First stop: Picnic Lunch at the Park

I packed us a picnic lunch, but forgot some essentials like plates, napkins, and a table cloth. Hannie's blanket worked great for the napkins and table cloth and a Tupperware lid served as Hannie's plate. Hannalee was not very interested in eating. There were so many kids around to watch and she kept saying "Weeee", her word for "I want to swing."

Second stop: The Playground

There is the most wonderful park in this town. They have added three different playgrounds all in one central area. The one on the west side is fun for smaller kids. Instead of sand or bark, the ground is covered with this foam stuff. It also has chair swings, a teeter-toter, a play house, and a big swaying table, bench thing. Hannalee loved the slide and the swings the most. She is so brave on the slide. She'll sit at the top and let you just push her on down.




Third Stop: The Willow Park Zoo

As a little girl, this was a zoo that my family frequented often. It hasn't changed much in 20 years, except the bear cage now hosts a bobcat. This was Hannlee's second time coming here. This look on her face tells all.

Her eyes were so wide with wonder while watching the birds, her favorite part of the zoo because they're so active and make fun noises.



Final Stop: Biking the Campus and Ice cream

We brought along our bikes and Hannalee's bike trailer. We road around campus for a bit until we miraculously, hee hee, found our way to the Aggie Ice cream shop. Mmmmm! The creamiest ice cream you'll ever taste. Hannie was in heaven getting tastes from both our ice creams.



This was a super fun day that I will treasure for a life time.

2 comments:

Lindy Salmon said...

So, WHERE do you live? It's been a guessing game for me since I first started following your blog. I can't figure it out. At one time I thought I had it nailed, but the trip to your college town threw me off . . .

Heather W. said...

Likes like fun, where's that park at? I know it's Logan, but where? We may have to stop there someday.