Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shoe Fetish Turned Shoe Obsession

I will admit that I have a shoe fetish. I like shoes, especially sandals and hiking shoes. But my fetish can not compare to Hannalee's shoe obsession. I can not call it a fetish anymore. She is on a path that may lead to an adiction if we are not careful.

When we go to a store, her favorite section is the shoe section. If she's not in the cart she will yell, "Shoes!" and make a bolt for them. She will then find a "pretty shoe", sit down, take off her own shoe and put on the "pretty shoe."

Hannalee likes all shoes, but "pretty shoes" are her favorite. Pretty shoes are colorful, sparkly, or decorative. She has a pair of brown tennis shoes that are her everyday outside shoes. When I put these on her and don't leave the house immediately, she takes them off and puts on her "pretty shoes" (aka her church shoes, or her new shoes).

Recently we went work shoe shopping for Bob. Hannalee found the girls section and started putting on shoes. We decided she did need a pair of summer, sock-less shoes. If found these cute pink crock type shoes. She loves them! She insists on wearing them over any other shoe. On Monday when we were driving to our garden trip she was cranky and tired. She pulled off her pretty pink shoes and snuggled them against her head like she would a teddy bear. She then fell asleep snuggling her shoes.


No comments: