Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Cousins Get Together


Crystal and her two kids, Katelyn and Devin; Me and my two kids Hannale and Tayo; my mom; Aunt Kaylene; Melissa and her two kids, Logan and Ben


Hannalee, Devin, Tayo, Ben, Katelyn, Logan

Last week my mom planed a get together with her sister, her sister's girls, and their kids. It had been a long time since I had seen them, so it was nice to visit and to see how big their kids are getting.

We had lunch, then my mom and her sister, Kaylene, tried to distract all the kids with some games, while we young moms got a chance to do some crafting.


Lets just say the fun planned games lasted 30 seconds. But the kids had fun playing with the hula-hoop and bean bags

Not sure what look Hannalee is giving Katelyn, but they did play really well together.

.



We were made this craft and I think the project turned out wonderful. There a close pins covered in cute ribbon at the bottom of the board where I can hang Hannalee's art pictures on.

Hannalee was very excited when I hung the board on the wall and told her what it was for. She quickly colored me two pictures to hang up.

I decided to let her make a master piece using finger painting. She was very sceptical when I told her to use her fingers too spread the paint around. It took some convincing, but she finally dove right in and enjoyed getting her fingers dirty.




Although she thought a toothpick was a better "painter" then her fingers.

No comments: