Last week Bob had to travel for work. I am a sissy when it comes to staying home alone even if it is only for 4 days. So I packed the car, loaded Hannie and the dog, and headed to my parents house.
Our stay there was wonderful. Hannie couldn't get enough of the horses. Evey couple of hours we had to go feed the horses. Thank goodness Hannalee does live there or those would be some really fat horses.
Grandma gave her carrots to feed them.
Ever since she went to the rodeo at the fair she has been wanting to "ride horse". So, Grandma Robin saddled up Lilli and put Hannalee on. She liked it at first, but soon Hannalee's back started bothering her so she was through. She was happy to lead Lilli around though and is still talking about how she "ride horse."
I also learned a little domesticity (is that a word?) while visiting my grandma. She showed me how to can peaches. It was not as easy as Bob explained it to be. We only did two batches, but that took all morning. They do look beautiful canned. I'm temped to use them for decoration and never open them. :0)
Bob came home on Thursday and we all headed home. Though we enjoyed our time, it was nice to be home and to have Bob back. Unfortunately Hannie brought home a cold with her. My grandma, grandpa, dad, and brother all got it. Then Hannie got it, then she gave it to Bob. I thought I was in the clear and had not gotten it, but I woke up yesterday with the symptoms. It is not a fun cold. Hannalee explained it best when she came crying out of her bedroom and said, "Nose hurt! Buggers." She then through herself on the chair and whined, "Wanna feel better."

1 comment:
Our peaches lined the tops of our cupboards for quite a while! They were beautiful up there and the best decoration since!
I hope Hannie's back gets feeling better! She looked great on Lilli (and so did you)!
Post a Comment