There is a feeling in the air when the county fair is in town. I don't know what it is, but the sounds, lights, and yes, even the smells of the fair get me excited. It may be because I have heard one to many country songs. But really, the fair is full of excitement and fun. Especially now that Hannalee can enjoy them.
Hannalee loved seeing all the animals and being able to pet most of them. Her favorites were the piggies and the sheep because they made lots of funny noises.
We went to the fair every day that it was open. (Hey, when you live in a town with very little to do, you take advantage of all opportunities to get out of the house.) Hannalee never tired of walking through the barns. Now that the fair is over she think she can pet every animal she sees. The one thing that deters her is telling her that they bite. She points to the animal and says, "Pet." We say, "No, you can't pet it." Then Hannie replies, "No, no. Bite, mean."
We also went to the rodeo one night. I thought Hannalee would love it, but she couldn't sit still. Her attention was grabbed at intermission when the tractor came out to smooth out the arena. She got excited and said, "Ride tractor. Papa." She thought it was grandpa's tractor.
But my all time favorite event at the fair is the Pee-Wee Lamb Show. It is the cutes, most creative event I have ever seen. The little kids and the lambs dress up in the best costumes and get judged on creativity. This picture doesn't do justice, but on the right is a kid as a leprechaun and his sheep is the rainbow. The middle kid is a crayon and the sheep is a crayon box. There was also one where the kid was a hunter and the sheep was a moose. My favorite was from last year where the sheep was a boat and the kid was water skiing behind it.
Finally what is a fair with out a quilt show. I entered a quilt that I finally finished after 3 years. It's not that it was that hard, I just couldn't get into making it. But I love, love how it turned out. And I earned a blue ribbon! I almost got red because of the "huge" stain on the back. (Really the stain is the size of a quarter and hard to even see.) The quilt was sitting in the chair in the living room where I was working on the binding. Bob grabbed it and wiped Hannalee's face with it the night before the fair!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cute quilt! Hopefully you have a boy so that you can use it!
We love county fairs! It sounds like yours was fun. I love the quilt! It turned out super cute! Is that a hint for what you think you might be having?
I don't really have a feeling what this one is going to be. With Hannalee I was quite sure it was a girl. We find out in two more weeks!
Oh, congrats on the blue! It's a lovely quilt.
Post a Comment