This is my latest quilt work. It is a circle rag quilt. And it may be my one and only circle rag quilt. It was a lot of repetitive work. First I had to sew 64 circles. Then I sewed 8 circles together to make a row and then I had to sew down the flaps. I made 8 rows this way. Then I sewed the rows together, but you can't do it all in one stitch. You have to stop and cut at each new piece of material. And finally I had to sew down the rows flaps. Oh, not to mention clipping it all. But it did give me some curve sewing practice. If I would have done it with all the same material you could have seen the pattern better. But it turned out better than I thought at first.


back front

back front

4 comments:
I'm impressed. I'm too chicken to attempt curves, let alone circles, yet. However, I did just enter my first quilt show. I probably won't make it, but it was the first quilt that I felt was done well enough to be able to enter. I'll let you know how it goes.
p.s. did you free-motion quilt?
To Lynn, I didn't free-motion quilt it. I just did it very slowly with the normal foot. The good thing about the rag quilt is that the frayed edges cover up the crooked mess ups. Vicki said that you were entering in a show. That's great. You should post some of you quilts I would love to see them. Grandma once said you were working on a "crazy quilt". Is that one done?
I love the background!! I'm glad you got it to work!
And your quilt looks great! I wish we still lived by you guys so we could work on projects together.
Post a Comment