Saturday, August 31, 2013

Upgrading My Ride


Ever since I was old enough to drive, my dream car has been a Subaru wagon.  I know, totally cool right? :)  Don't laugh, they are amazing cars!  I have never been stuck in one and have been able to plow through Huntsville snow and Tremonton snow drifts.  Also,  hatchbacks are amazing.  What other small car could you fit 5 full sized bikes into?

This is Suzie.  She was my first car.  I loved her!  She had her issues, but never failed on me.  For over 3 years every time I hit about 55 mph she would loose power for about 30 seconds, but then would come right back and never have another problem along my journey.  (We never figured out why.)  We sold her when Hannalee was born.  Bob wanted a safer, more reliable car.  It was hard to part with Suzie, but to this day I still see her going strong!  She is a pizza delivery car and has been ever since I sold her!  Go Suzie, go!

 Some how I talked Bob into upgrading to Subaru Outback.  My true dream car!  Meet Sally.  She was wonderful! I loved her too.  She was bought at a salvage yard and had a crushed nose.  Bob fixed her up beautifully and she too never failed me.  One fender had never been replaced and had a dent on the very front.  Even after we found a new fender (with out a dent) to replace it, I never let Bob fix it until we sold Sally.  That dent was my good luck charm.

Sally carefully carried both of my babies safely around.  She was also totally cool don't you think?  I mean look at that tint job!  She also made it to the top of Benlomond Mountain.  She was an off road beauty.

But alas, we had outgrown her (or would be soon).  The kids were getting squishy in the back and if we were going to add more babies to our family, she just didn't have wide enough hips to carry them all.  So we sold her.  It was an emotional day.  I cried a bit and made the new owners (a cute newly wed couple from Logan) promise to take her camping.  She loves camping...

 As hard as it was to sell Sally, I am smitten with our new ride....a van.  Meet Val.  Now, don't dis my van!  She may look a little "mormon-mommy-car-pool-ish"  but you know what, that is exactly where I am in life right now and I love it.  Nothing beats captain chairs for my kids where they can't touch each other, tons of space, sliding doors on both sides, stow-and-go seats, a button to turn on all the lights in the whole car, and a DVD player for long car rides.  We got her last August and have had her for almost a year now.  I still lover her.  She's working out splendid. 

Yes, we're in the van phase of our life right now, but we're loving it!!

No comments: