Thursday, August 15, 2013

Waterslides & A Brave Little Girl

Hannalee finally did it! She can do water slides all by herself!! 

Rewind to the beginning of summer...

I worried that it would be another fearful year in the water.  On our first trip to the local pool, my kids clung to me like we were going to drown, yet we were only in 2 feet of water.  Hannalee reluctantly went up the little kids slides (slides that she loved last year).  She sat at the top bawling and I had to grab her ankle and pull her down.  I'm sure no one around was going to give me sympathetic mother of the year.  I did the same with Tayo that day. 

Luckily I didn't throw in the towel just yet. We took swim lessons and went a few more times to the pool.  Then we got brave and went to a big water slide park.  Hannalee loves going down on our laps.  When I told her to try it on her own I thought she'd throw a fit.  But no!  She did it and loved it.  She insisted on always going down by herself.  (And just this week she did the big slide at our local pool all by herself!)


Tayo on the other hand hates slides! He even hates going down the slides on our lap.  He did not have fun at the water slide park and spent most of the time wrapped up in a towel.  (Maybe 5 years old is a lucky number for liking water?)

No comments: