Monday, July 29, 2013

North Fork's Waterfall Hike

 The day after the 4th we wanted to go do something outdoorsy. We ended up in North Fork. 

Me: "Ooo...I know of a fun, short, easy hike we could do."  Apparently I have not been there since I was a teen when everything was easy.

The first part of the hike was great; lots of shade, slow and gradual incline.  We were having fun.

Tayo enjoyed finding rocks.  He insisted that this was the perfect rock and he would carry it the whole way.  He may have only made it two steps before settling on a much more practical rock.

Our journey took a turn for the worse when we reached a hill so steep that I had to push Hannalee up it (one that she slide down on the way back). When we reached the waterfall I had failed to remember that it was a super steep and rocky climb down.  We eventually made it all the way down into the water and the kids enjoyed that part.


The trip back to the car was a long one.  Hannalee is at a great age and loves to hike. Tayo on the other hand HATES it.  We had to stop ever other minute for a break.  But we made it back all in one piece.  We made up for the bad parts by having ourselves a good old water fight. Which Bob won. You should have seen how sneaky that guy can be...I was pretty wet.

No comments: