Hannalee has become quite the "mom" to Tayo lately. She helps him with stuff, gets him what he needs, but also bosses him around and tells him what to do. At first he was oblivious to most of it, just going along with her. But lately he will take none of it.
When she tries to tell him not to do something he'll just scream and throw a fit. Some times he'll get mad and hit her. Hannalee is amazing that way though. She rarely hits back. In fact, most of the time she uses no violence toward Tayo at all.
One day I was super tired. I told Hannie that she was in charge of Tayo and that I was going to lay down for a minute. I went in my bedroom and closed the door. About 10 min. later I heard Tayo screaming. Then I heard Hannalee taking him into the bathroom and she shut the door saying, "Tayo, you are in time out. I'll be back in a minute."
Tayo proceeded to scream and try to get out of the bathroom. I considered getting up and stepping in, but then I heard Hannalee open the door, "Are you going to be good?" Tayo screamed at her. "Okay, I'll be back," she shut the bathroom door again.
Tayo screamed.
Hannalee came back a minute later opened the bathroom door and asked again, "Are you going to be good?"
Tayo said, "Yeah."
Hannalee: "Okay, say sorry and no more hitting."
I was laying in my bed laughing and so proud of my little responsible girl!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment