Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cold and Snowy January

 This winter has truly been a "winter".  Snow; check. Cold; check, CHECK! 

The last two snow storms have really dumped snow on us.  We had over 2 feet of snow and it really piled up.  The snow banks in front of the house are tall enough to make sleding hills for Hannalee. She has enjoyed playing on them. She likes to pretend that she is a baby bird and makes a nest at the top.


It has also been COLD here.  Most mornings are in the single didgits and only warming up to the 20s during the day.  It has been like this for weeks now.  One afternoon as I was sitting down to lunch I looked at the thermometer and it read 32 degrees.  I said to Hannalee, "Wow it's warm outside today. We'll have to go out an play."  I know what your thinking, 32 degrees is warm?!  Its all relitive my friends.


 "Yeah, my mom made me shovel the whole drive way."


We have this huge pile of dirt in the field behind our house.  It made for a fun, but scary sledding hill.  It is super steep and even I was a bit nervous.  But brave little Hannalee tried it out with me.

 Tayo stayed at the bottom.  He claims someone had to tend the cat.  
(In reality, even looking at a sled makes him scream in terror.)


Bubba (the cat) is yearning for attention right now.  He misses the fact that we don't go outside to play.  So he follows us everywhere when we do go out.  He followed us out sledding.  Bubba is not usually this friendly to Tayo, but his feet were cold and it was either sit in the snow or sit on Tayo.  He just climbed right up on Tayo's lap.  Tayo thought it was hilarious.


3 comments:

John Salmon said...

It IS relative :). I've been bummed that the LOW is 32! I'm obviously getting soft.

Kristen said...

Can please send some of the at snow our way?!?! We got totally got jipped this winter.

Kristen said...

Gosh, I should have proof read before I hit enter. (In my defense, I had Marie "helping" me!)