My mom came up and I cooked a ham for dinner. We played with Tayo's assortment of tractors, which only increased with Christmas.
We played Candy land with Hannalee, which she is really good at.
We read the nativity scriptures, while Hannalee acted the story out. Though she had one objection, the shepherds couldn't stand up right in front of the manger so they could see baby Jesus.
(On a side note, here is a funny story about Hannalee. I have a nativity set that I let Hannalee play with. When we got it out I asked her to set it up on the end table. Here is the conversation I heard, "Oh, no! They've tided Mary and Joseph up in the stable." She had them laying down next to Jesus. "Who tied them up," I asked confused seeing that I've never heard that part of the story. She replied very matter of fact, "The wicked king Noahs.")
We decided to let the kids open one toy on Christmas Eve to keep them occupied. Bob got this excavator for Tayo. The look on his face tells you everything you need to know.
Hannalee got this toy mixer. I know, appliances on Christmas are cliche, but she loves to pretend cook, so it was a perfect addition to her kitchen.
My happy Bob.
The kids in their Christmas Eve PJ's. We had to take the picture from this angle because Tayo wouldn't leave his new tractor, not even for a second.
After Tayo went to bed Hannalee and Grandma Dorene made cookies for Santa.
On Christmas morning Hannalee crawled into our bed. She just snuggled for a good 10 minutes. She didn't say anything about Christmas and I wondered if she had forgotten.
But then she said, "Did you know that Santa came."
Me: "How do you know?"
Hannie: "There are presents in the living room. I'm not going to tell you what, but they have wheels."
She was right, Santa came!
(The little snoop had even looked in her stocking!)
(The little snoop had even looked in her stocking!)
Santa found this awesome train table on KSL and the trains tracks from ebay. It now resides in our living room and the kids play at least 2 to 3 hours a day there.
It was a big hit.
Tayo did stop long enough to tare the paper off his other present, but then he went right back to the train table.
A soft fuzzy blanket for Hannalee.
Hannalee also got the coloring book and coloring crayons that she asked for. She is a coloring machine now!
After a wonderful morning at home we headed to my parents house for brunch and naps.
Tayo got a tricycle. Now he doesn't have to ride the pink one.
Hannalee got more pretend play stuff along with a new princess dress. Can you see the happiness there. It was put on immediately.
Our final stop was Bob's parents house for dinner.
Two little trouble makers.
What a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment