Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Trip on a Train

 I love riding the train.  It makes commuting calm, comfy, and relaxing.  A few weeks ago we took our kids on the train to visit the new City Creek center.  Hannie was ecstatic.  She has a love/hate relationship with trains. The idea of riding in one is fun and exciting.  But the sound or sight of them makes her nervous.  We can faintly hear the train horn from our house.  She always asks, "Is the train going to get us." 


Both kids loved riding the train.  Tayo loved the fact that he didn't have to be in a car seat.  He sat so chill on our laps both ways.

The City Creek center was beautiful.  They did a great job making it look nice.  And of coarse the fountain was a big hit.  Though it really frustrated Tayo.  He couldn't catch the water.
 



We walked around for awhile realizing there were no stores to go into that are within our budget. Then we stopped for lunch at Kneaders.  Oh, my yumminess!  I had a turkey and artichoke sandwich that I can't get off my mind.  And their french pastries are even up to Bob's standards (because he went to France on his mission).

We got back on tracks, well I did, and headed for the Gateway.  We got one stroller loaded in the train and me then it just took off.  Luckily another train for Bob and Tayo was not too long after.  We've learned you have to board fast!

At the Gateway around 4:00, both kids finally fell asleep.


I was such a nice day of just strolling around and taking as much time as we wanted to just hang out.  The kids were so good.


Back at our home station we had to check out the old trains.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm going to have to commiserate with Bob about the terrible lack of good pastries here. I still can't get the pain au chocolates off my mind! :)