Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh, the Things She Can Say!

Hannalee's sentence vocabulary is exploding. She surprises us constantly with what comes out of her mouth.

She is really into copying what we say. My mom did something the other day and said, "Dang it!" Now dang it is her favorite phrase. She says it in the right context like when she drops a toy or spills something. Yesterday she knocked over our snowman (on purpose) and said, "Dang it!"

In the middle of the night she woke up because she couldn't get her blankets back on.
Me: What's wrong?
Hannie: Put blankets on. Big one, fuzzy one.
Me: Good night.
Hannie: No little one.
So I put the little one on too.
Hannie: Thank you.
Getting up was worth the smile.

Bob, Hannie, and I went out to dinner the other night. Hannalee turned around to the booth behind us and started a conversation.
Hannie: Hi. Jacket on. (She then showed them her jacket as they smiled and talked to her.)
Embarrassed, I said: Hannalee come on we need to go.
Hannie: No, I'm talking.

Every morning for a while Hannalee would wake up and ask where daddy was. I would tell her he was at work. Now Hannalee wakes up in the morning and said, "Daddy at work. Poor Daddy."

This morning she woke up with a cough and a stuffy nose. Bob got her out of bed and brought her to bed with me. She proceeded to tell me, "Caught, got cold. Bryatt did it." Bryatt is her friend that she spends a lot of time with. If any thing goes wrong, "Bryatt did it."

No comments: