Ever since I stopped trick-or-treating as a kid, Halloween has not been one of my favorite holidays. I don't like the spooky and scary part of Halloween. So this year as it rolled around I just didn't get into the "what-is-your-kid-going-to-be-for -Halloween" spirit. Maybe when Hannalee is older and starts deciding what she wants to be, some of her enthusiasm will rub off on me.
So when Saturday rolled around and we decided to take Hannie trick-or-treating, I just rummaged thought her closet to find a costume.
She turned out to be a very cute ballerina. (And have you ever seen her hair so smooth. Don't worry, it only lasted 10 minutes before it fuzzed out again.)
We took Hannie to about 6 houses in our ward. Because the houses are so spread out and don't get very many trick-or-treaters they give out big treats; large candy bars, drinks, popcorn. Hannalee even got a sucker that was almost as big as her head. She got into the trick-or-treating spirit and would say, "Trick-or-treat." Then after she got the candy she would turn to me and say, "Open." It was hard for her to save them for later. We did let her have a couple of treats.
I have never witnessed with my own eyes a sugar high, but that night we did. Hannalee was so hyper that she didn't make it to bed till after 9:00. Lets just say the rest of her candy is going with dad for his lunches.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've felt the same way about Halloween, but I must say that my kids help me get in the spirit (not that I dress up or anything.) It's fun to see when they get something and enjoy knocking on doors and get candy. Hannalee makes such a cute ballerina!
Haha she makes such a cute ballerina. Way to go, for a last minute costume!
Cutest. Ballerina. Ever!! She is so so cute!!
I've heard that the sugar high is a myth, but I have to agree, it's real! Congrats, I didn't know you were pregnant, how fun!
Post a Comment