I am always shocked when I ask someone what they did for the forth of July and they say, "Nothing." In my family, the fourth of July is the biggest holiday next to Christmas. But it is my FAVORITE holiday because most of my family on my dad's side get together for the festivities in the park.
We are so luck that my great-grandma's house is on the corner, right next to the park. We've got some of the best seats in the house for the parade as it goes right by us. After last years fiasco, they were considering changing the rout. Luckily they didn't and for the first time in about nine years there was no water fight. But we did put up these signs to show our retaliation.
At first Hannalee was more interested in the playground across the street from where we were sitting. It took some convincing to get her to stay with us. But as soon as the big fire trucks passed she was mesmerized.
Look at her scrawly face!
One good thing came out of a water free zone, was "tandy" (as Hannie would say). We got lots of candy thrown at us and Hannalee loved to go and collect it. She was even pretty good about putting it in a bag to save for later, though she did end up eating two or three paper included because mom and dad wouldn't open it for her. :0)
We made our round through the park to look at all the booths and decided that they are sure not what they used to be. (What happened to the fish pond, where all you have to do is throw a line over a wall and get a prize?) Then we headed back to my great-grandma's house for the picnic. Hannalee enjoyed her second cousins and was a pretty happy girl all day.
That evening we headed to the park for the hypnotist. My sister-in-law Meghan volunteered
and was quickly hypnotized. It was hilarious. For the first time I can say that I laughed so hard that I was crying.
We made our round through the park to look at all the booths and decided that they are sure not what they used to be. (What happened to the fish pond, where all you have to do is throw a line over a wall and get a prize?) Then we headed back to my great-grandma's house for the picnic. Hannalee enjoyed her second cousins and was a pretty happy girl all day.
That evening we headed to the park for the hypnotist. My sister-in-law Meghan volunteered
and was quickly hypnotized. It was hilarious. For the first time I can say that I laughed so hard that I was crying.
Meghan hypnotized into thinking she was dancing with the most handsome man in the world.
Happy Independence Day! I love our country!

3 comments:
soooo sad we missed it! i bet it was a very memorable year! We will be up in a few weeks so we will have to plan a time to get together!
I already told Eric that we're going next year, with or without him! Nothing compares to a Huntsville 4th of July.
It was so fun!!!
Post a Comment