Monday, June 7, 2010

What Did She Say?

Hannalee is starting to say a lot of words. She seems to repeat nouns of things she sees the most. Some of what she says can only be understood in context of what she is trying to tell you.

Here are a few of my favorite "What did she say" (words that don't sound like what she is really trying to say):

1. Bryatt = Butt
Hannie has a friend named Bryatt. However, she can't say his name so she calls him "Butt".

2. Porter = Poo
Hannie has another friend named Porter. Porter and his parents came over last weekend. We were getting Porter a drink of chocolate milk and Hannalee kept pointing to the cup and saying Poo. We thought she was calling the chocolate milk poo because it was brown. But later that night she was pointing to Porter and saying Poo. Apparently his name is "Poo". At the rate she is going with naming her friends, she may not have many friends. :0)

Porter and Hannalee
3. Tractor = Tattoo
Last night we passed a tractor. She usually makes her tractor noise. But last night she kept saying tattoo, tattoo. I didn't notice the tractor and was very confused. But after looking in the rear view mirror I understood. So if Hannalee ever asks for a tattoo, please just give her a tractor not a tattoo.

4. Sit = sh**
We are not teaching our daughter naughty words. So if you ever hear one, it probably means something else. The first time I hear her saying this word was as I was pushing her through the grocery store. She kept standing up in the cart and I told her to sit. She copied my word and said it as her word over and over and over all through the store. She also says this word to our dog a lot. Though she is only trying to tell her to sit.

5. Gas = a**
We do not swear around our house, but Hannie sometimes sounds like a sailor. We went to the gas station to get gas for the lawn mower and the word "a**" kept coming out of her mouth. I tried and tried to get her to say the g.

5 comments:

Lindy Salmon said...

I'm laughing. You've got yourself a little cusser (is that a word?) . . . Love it :)

Kristen said...

That is hilarious!!!

Jen Frame said...

That is awesome! We need to schedule our next play date!

Lynn said...

Just wait till she tries out "truck", me nephew couldn't make the "tr" sound, so he substituted in an "f". And Eme had a hard time saying "bench", it usually came out as b**ch. Which made for a really funny moment when she sat on Heather's lap and tried to say "Aunt Heather's a bench". Everyone was there for that one.

And Eric played Pit/shistle with Aidan once. I walked in right when Aidan replied to "pistol". After getting upset w/Eric, Aidan calmly said: "What mom? We're just speaking spanish."

Enjoy the embarassment while it lasts.

We're Hatchin' said...

That's so funny! When the girls started talking, I thought they had potty mouths as well. Luckily they grow out of most of them...but a few still stuck around. At least she's talking! :)