The first two years our garden was in I opted to water the plants each night by hand, or with a small sprinkler. Lets just say I did not water each night, some plants got neglected, and by the end of the summer my garden was all dried up.
The last year since we had some grass in around the garden, I decided to water the garden and the grass with the original sprinkling system that was in that area. It didn't work to well. It watered my weeds very well, but some spots of the garden did not get nearly the water they needed and I ended up with knee high corn stocks, minus the corn, and shriveled up melon plants.
This year, something had to change. So I went to visit my a friend in my ward who is a exceptional gardener. Her garden is huge, beautiful, and produces a lot. But the thing I love most about it is that the weeds are minimal and the watering is simple. She showed me how her watering system was set up. I went home tweaked it to fit my needs and wallah!
My new water system for our garden has been up and running for over a month now, and I must say it is superb. My weeds mostly grow in the rows, but they are super easy to pull because I can weed when the ground is wet from just being watered because the paths in between the rows are dry. I also hooked my garden's water system up to my main sprinkling system so it is automatic. My garden gets watered whether I remember or not and whether I'm home or not.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are seriously the handiest girl I know!
Post a Comment