Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I love most about being a mom...




What I love most about being a mom....If you were to ask me to write about this a few months ago, my list would have been short and it would have taken me a long time to come up with anything. Becoming a mom was hard. It wasn't what I expected. I had always pictured this sweet little baby who would look up at me and coo. A baby that would cry only when it was hungry or dirty and then it would be content just being held.

But instead I was given Hannalee, the love of my life and my dear little blessing.

Looking back on the first few months it was challenging and I wasn't quite sure I was going to survive. But I did and I would do it again for my beautiful baby. (But not for at least 5 years :0)

So, what I love most about being a mom...
  • I love waking up to the sound of Hannie "singing" in her crib. A sound that lets me know that I am needed and wanted.
  • I love that I am the only one that knows what each cry means. Bob tries and comes pretty close most of the time, but I can usually figure out what she needs. And that knowledge makes me feel smarter than the knowledge I gained in my college classes.
  • I love rocking her to sleep as she lays her head against my chest. I feel like I've accomplished a great feat when I lay her down to sleep successfully.
  • I love cleaning up after her; picking up toys, washing her little cloths, even changing her diaper. These things let me know that I have a sweet little baby in my home.
  • I love feeding her. Seeing her grow gives me so much pride. I look at her and think, "I did that."
  • And I love seeing my wonderful husband become an amazing father. Watching them bond is the greatest moments and makes me feels so much love for the both of them.
It is amazing how much love a mother can have for her child. I love Hannalee with all my being and am so thankful for the opportunity to raise her.

2 comments:

Jen Frame said...

Those pictures are absolutely adorable! What a cute family!!

Lynn said...

So sweet. It always takes a few months to get the hang of a new baby. It sounds like you're doing beautifully.