Let me start at the beginning. Bob lost his job just before Christmas. His previous company didn't have any contracts coming up thanks to the wonderful state of our economy. So, they let over half of their employees go.
Living where we do there were not a lot of companies to apply to and many companies were not hiring (again because of the wonderful state of our economy). He spent many hours sending out resumes and looking for a job. Fortunately Hill was hiring. Unfortunately the government takes a long time to get you hired on. So, three months later Bob finally has a job.
The commute is not great, but we're hoping he'll find a carpool to make it easier on him. But I think he is going to like the benefits of the job and that it is much more stable than his last company.
I believe that life's trials are for learning. I heard a quote the other day that I love. I don't know who said it but it goes something like this: "Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's about learning how to dance in the rain." Here are a few things that I have learned from this experience:
Always pay my full tithing. It is the Lords money and I can't debate on how much to give him. He knows and I know. I know first hand now that blessing come from paying an honest tithing.
Follow the counsel of food and monetary storage. I always thought that our storage would be for some big natural disaster. But I learned that it comes in handy at times like these.
Keep my teaching license current. I never know when I will need to use it again.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YAAAHHH!!! We are so happy for you guys! We knew something would work out!
Horray, horray, horray! Such a relief, we are so happy for you. And those are the exact same lessons we learned from Eric time too.
Post a Comment