Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sarahlynn: 1 month


The first month with Sarahlynn flew by so fast.  Having three kids will do that I guess; busy, busy, busy.

Sarahlynn is a wonderful addition to our family and I can't imagine our family without her.  She has been a pretty good baby.  Of course having a newborn is NOT easy, but compared to my first girl, she is a cake walk. :)

Sarah is a great nurser!  This is the first baby where I didn't have major pain and contemplating about giving up nursing.  She is so efficient with nursing, 10 minuets and she's done.  And she's my first baby without acid-reflux! In fact, it is very rare that she even spits up a tiny bit.


From the beginning she got right on board with the whole night/day thing.  During the day she's awake.  She takes some good naps, but sometimes only 2, which is not enough for a newborn.  She can stay awake for 3 to 5 hours in the evening.  She gets this wide-eyed, overstimulated look and refuses to settle down.  So sometimes she has her "cool down" in her crib which may include a lot of crying, but then if we hold her it's still the same about of crying.  At night she wakes up at 10:00, 1:00, 3:00 and 6:00 to eat.  That's a lot, but the wonderful thing is that she eats and goes right back to sleep without even fussing.  I put her in her cradle and she grunts and wiggles for a while, but she doesn't cry.  Hallelujah!

Sarahlynn's first true smiles came around 4 weeks.  They are the cutest.  I can't wait till she starts cooing at us.


Sarah is such a patient baby.  She is fine with all the noise that her brother and sister make. She just sleeps or eats right through it.  She doesn't mind all the hair rubbing that her brother likes to do.  She's even fairly tolerant with Hannalee's in-her-face-squealing.  (I figured out why Tayo, as a baby disliked Hannalee so much, she's obnoxious around babies.  She has this high pitched way of talking to them and says it only an inch from their face.) 

No comments: