We had a 4-wheeler to take this time. Tayo was so very happy with that decision
We searched for the perfect free camping spot but all of them were taken. We decided to head into the fee area. (We've never done that before as poor college students. :0) We found the MOST beautiful camp ground; bathrooms, shade!, and farther from the road. Plus there was none very close. Score! Well worth forking out $10 (I know only $10 but we would have never considered it before. Kids make us less adventurous campers.)
Hannie loved that she could climb this rock all by herself.
When we were putting up the tent I tripped over a large stump, cut up my leg, and broke a tent pole. Luckily my engineer of a husband fixed it with a stick and electrical tape. He's always prepared!
The boys did some fishing. Bob had one hooked and was so excited he was yelling for us to come see that he lost focus and it got away. Poor Bob, still skunked for catching fish.
Hannie and I played in the river, but could not convince Tayo to join us.
His main focus was rock throwing. Here he found the biggest rock he could carry to throw it. It was so cute to watch him lug it to the water.
Look at these ambitious beavers! Those are some huge old trees to be gnawing down.
Every time we go we have to stop for a picture at this tree. Sadly the beavers have been gnawing at it too. I hope it is around next time we come up.
2006
(I can't believe how young we looked.)
2009
2013
Hannie still brings her books with her where ever she goes:
Remember this picture from our last trip to Blacksmith Fork Canyon? Makes me tear up to thing Hannalee has grown up this fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment