Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Manipulation


We took Hannalee's swing down last fall. I told her that it was too cold to swing, but when it got warm we would put it back up.
The other day we were outside and she said, "Humm...It's warm out here."
Me: "Yes, it feels pretty good."
Hannalee: "Put the swing up?"
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Good manipulation, Hannie.

It seems like every time I sit down to feed Tayo Hannalee has to go to the bathroom. She can go all by herself as long as the light is on, which it is usually not. She can move her potty and use it as a stool to turn the light on, but prefers me to turn it on. So I bribe her. "If you go potty all by yourself and turn the light on I'll give you a jellybean." She falls for it every time. Recently I've been trying to leave the light on to avoid the whole thing, but Hannalee has caught on. She says as she runs toward the bathroom, "Hannie has to pee. Go by self and get a jellybean."

Upon giving Hannalee a jellybean she requests two. I tell her only one. I turn away and she starts to fuss. She says she's dropped her bean. We look for it, but can't find it. So I get her a new one. As I walk into the living room I hear, "Hannie has two!" She "majically" found the first jellybean.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hahahaha!! That is too funny! She is a smart girl, thats for sure!
And what a handsome little man Tayo is! Glad to see some pictures of him, of both of your cute kids! I still can't believe how big Hannie is.
Hope they are letting you get your sleep.