Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Helpful" Hannie

Hannalee is a girl through and through. She loves clothes, pretty things, and baby dolls. So it is very natural for her to love baby Tayo. From the moment she saw him, she wanted to hold him, kiss him, and help him.

Her "helpfulness" can be very overwhelming at times. I love my Hannalee so very much, but the first day home I really wanted to send her back to grandma's and grandpa's house. She had to touch everything. It was smothering.



Tayo's binkies are the most tempting thing for her. (We had to give her her own as a trade for not touching his. Now she can't go to bed without her binki. We'll work on that later.) I will still catch her sneaking his binki though. Once I went looking for Hannie because she was being way to quiet. I found her on her bed sucking on Tayo's binki. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "Relaxing."

Anytime she hears Tayo cry she has to go check on him. She also says, "Make him happy," when he cries too long. She is very good and putting the binki in his mouth to make him happy.

So far she is the most jealous of Tayo when Daddy or Grandmas are holding him. She then insists then she needs to be held right then.

She is calming down more, and we are getting adjusted.

Hannalee is reading up on how to take care of Baby Brother.

2 comments:

We're Hatchin' said...

I can't even imagine! I'm sure she's a FABULOUS helper, and hopefully, eventually, she'll become a more effective helper! :)

Heather W. said...

Cute.. by the way how is that book baby wise? Has it helped? I'm kinda desperate right now.. Jerran will not sleep more than 2 hrs at night. I'm soooo tired!!