Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!



We have been offered fake Christmas trees over the years. And though I don't blame those who have them, Bob and I refuse. We love the smell, the uniqueness, the Charlie Brown awkwardness, and even the falling of the needles.

The day we went and picked out our Christmas tree it was raining (it seems to rain most years I pick out a Christmas tree). Hannalee was in a bad mood and was no help picking out the tree, she just said they were poky. So I got to be the decision maker this year and I love our little tree.

We left it strapped to the roof of the Subaru for the night because we got home so late. But after getting Hannalee out of her room the next morning, I said, "I can smell a Christmas tree." Bob had put it up before going to work. How sweet! Hannalee kept pointing to the tree and saying, "Pretty tree." Then the name of the city where we got it.

That evening I told Hannalee we were going to decorate the tree. She said she didn't want to and went to play with toys. But as soon as I opened the decoration box and started pulling out fun ornaments, she was right there. Apparently she had no idea what decorate the tree meant. She loved pulling out the ornaments and playing with them. She attempted to put them on, but couldn't get them to stay.



She thought the glass ornaments were balls and attempted to play catch with them.

Her favorite ornament is a puppy dog with wheels and a little leash. She takes it off the tree and pulls it around saying, "Come on, puppy. Arf, arf."

No comments: