Sunday, May 31, 2009

I love garage sales!

First I have to give a shout out and say thanks to the Baileys for introducing Bob and I to garage sales!

This summer I have found two great steals for Hannalee, things I have been wanting to get eventually but am too cheep to fork out the full amount. But in one day I found both of them at a couple of garage sales around here.

Since parks are not easily accessible in the "boonies" I really wanted a baby swing to put on our cloths line. I found one in great shape and it not even sun faded. Hannalee loves it! She loves going high and loves when the dog gets under her so she can "kick" at it.

I also wanted a bike trailer for Hannie to ride in. I've been looking on KSL but they go as fast as they are put up. I decided to go to one more garage sale before heading home and there it was and cheep too. It's in great shape and Hannie loves it. She gets to be outside, and she can play with toys without them falling out because it has a cover that goes over it.

2 comments:

Jen Frame said...

I want to get a baby swing to go on my clothesline!!! I'm on the look out for one too! I love bargains at garage sales!

Kristen said...

Way to go! Those are awesome finds! My most recent "garage sale" purchases include 2 very nice end tables for only $25 each, night stands for $15 each and another little table for $5. Unfortunately, garage sales aren't as trustworthy shall we say, or as good here in Pedro. :( I miss the ones up there in Utah.