Tuesday, March 31, 2009

8 months old!


I can't believe my baby is already 8 months old! In some ways time has gone by so slowly, but at other times it goes so fast. She is learning new things all the time. She still has no desire to crawl or move to reach toys out of her reach. If she can't get it then she'll play with something else.

We finally have health insurance again so last week I took her to her 6 month check up and immunizations. I was shocked when we put her on the scale. At 4 months she weighed 16 lbs. 8 oz. But at 8 months she only weighs 15 lbs. 12 oz. She lost 3/4 of a pound. The doctor said it is normal for a baby this age to start slimming out a bit, but she went from being in the 97 percentile in her weight to being in the 15 percentile.

The doctor said he didn't like such a dramatic drop so Hannalee is on an all you can eat diet (which she loves). In addition to nursing she needs to eat 3 solids a day, plus her 2 0z. of pear juice (to help her poop), and 6 oz. of formula (which she refuses to take). We have to go back to the doctor in a month for a weight check.

But everything else was great with Hannalee. She is 28" long (a two inch increase). The doctor also said that her head isn't flat any more and that it is "very symmetrical." Yeah! No helmet! She took her shots reasonably well. Just a short cry when she was poked and then a slight fever the next day.

I am so grateful for my healthy, happy (most of the time) baby.

2 comments:

Jen Frame said...

I hope she puts on the pounds! I can't believe she's 8 months, but mine is almost 7 months. It's crazy how time flies.

Lynn said...

Eme was the same way too, she had a weight drop around the same time. Have you tried mixing a scoop of formula in with her cereal? It's worked for our kids, they don't notice it as much when it's in with the other foods. Good luck.