What a hard day for mommy. I knew it would be best for him and his speech, but I sure did miss him and worry about him every time he left.
(Hannalee wrote me this note on Tayo's first day of preschool. It says: "It will be okay mom. Don't worry.")
Tayo on the other hand loved it and had no fear of leaving. I think it was mostly because of the bus. (Yes he got to ride a bus!)
Every preschool morning I would ask him, "Do you want to go to preschool?"
Tayo: "No."
Me: "Do you want to ride the bus?"
Tayo: "Yes!"
But I think he enjoyed preschool too. He loved to show me his work. As soon as he would get home he would tell me to be quiet and then proceed to pull his papers out of his bag with a great big smile on his face.
The preschool teacher sends home a back and forth book that she tries to write in daily to talk about what Tayo did that day. Here are my favorite comments:
"We are trying to get Tayo to say his name. I said maybe we should call him blue and he thought that was funny." (Blue was his favorite word at the time.)
"We have been trying to get him to try to say anything even if it is not understandable, but he keeps just growling at us."
I wouldn't say that the preschool has given him more words that he can say as he still only has 20 to 30 words that he uses. But it has made him actually want to try to communicate.
**Update: Now that it is summer, Tayo misses preschool. He will ask me, "Bus go?" And when I say no it is summer, he says, "Awww."


No comments:
Post a Comment