Friday, December 21, 2012

Indoor Winter Play

 Winters are hard on little kids.  Not just the cold part, but the lack of physical stimulation.  They can't go outside for long periods of time to burn off their energy.  We have been having a hard time keeping them entertained at night especially.  Because they have been inside all day already, they are board by the time daddy gets home.  And because it is so dark, we parents are tired and would be perfectly happy going to bet at 6:30, but of course the children do not.

 We recently acquired Candy Land.  It was Bob's and Hannalee's first time playing.  Hannie loves the game, Tayo loves the popcorn that "came" with the game.

Tayo has become a stuffed animal man.  He likes to carry them around and then make them growl at you.

 Work that pose!

 "Errr...Could I have some assistance with this please."

 Tayo trying to sit on a Barbie doll couch.


Some nights we resort to this.  Snuggle the kids down on the floor and turn on Dora.  For the longest time Hannalee didn't watch any TV.  She didn't care to and didn't have the attention span for it.  Then we got Netflix and she discovered Dora.  She would be happy watching it for hours if we let her.

I am in a love, hate relationship with the TV thing.  It is nice, especially when kids or I get sick, to have some down time.  But I hate that they want to watch it everyday.  Sigh.

No comments: