Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My First 5K

 I have been wanting to do a 5K for years now.  There has always been some excuse reason that I was unable to do one; pregnant, baby, injury, time, etc.  But this year I finally did it.  I was planning on doing a bunch over the summer, all spring I was working up to more and more miles.  But after a back injury I stopped running for quite a while.

Fortunately some friends started running in the mornings, so I joined in diligently.  I signed up for a local 5K with my mom and I did it.  I DID IT!

My goal was to run the whole way.  I didn't care about time, I just couldn't walk.  Luckily I had my mom there to push me and keep me going.
Around mile 2 I was dying, but my mom kept me going.  At mile 2 1/2 my mom took off on her own pace (she's an amazing runner if you didn't know), but I kept going.

I finished the race RUNNING!  I made my goal.


My wonderful family was there to cheer me on.



And would you believe it, I got 3rd place in my age group!  It felt good!

**Update: About a week later I was down with another back injury. (Tayo is just getting too heavy for my back.)  But I am glad to say I am back to running again, but just not as far.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to go! Great time, too!

Lynn said...

Good for you!! And finishing off in front of a chiropractor's office was probably good for your back :) Seriously, that is awesome, and you did great!