Sunday, September 9, 2012

Colorado Trip: Garden of the Gods

Colorado's scenery was a lot different then I had imagined it.  When I thought of Colorado, I thought of steep mountains and lots of pine trees; everywhere.  In some places it was like that, but in a lot more it wasn't.  Driving though Denver you couldn't see any mountains.  It was just flat.  As we got closer to our destination there were more trees and mountains, but the mountains were different then the ones back home.  They were softer, less rugged, more like old mountains.  And then not to far from the mountains, only 10 minutes away, there was this.  A scene that reminds me of southern Utah only with trees.

It is called the Garden of the Gods.




The kids loved the easy walks around the tall protruding stones.


It was fun to watch our friends' boys climb all over the rocks.  They were in heaven.  On the other hand my little girl clung to my hand terrified she was going to fall.







The most memorable part of the whole excursion was picking up acorns.  After finding this treasure spot of thousands of acorns they didn't care to see any more.  They gathered them up in their pockets, bags, and boxes.  I think there are still a few under the seats of our car.

No comments: