Tayo is a crawler. He loves to crawl and can get any where he wants to and pretty fast. As summer is approaching I really wanted him to start walking for a couple of reasons. One, he gets so dirty crawling around outside. Two, I have a bunch of cute shorts for him to wear but he can't wear them while he's crawling or his poor little legs get scratched up.
He loves to pull himself up and cruse around the furniture. But as soon as he lets go he immediately sits down.
With Hannalee we bribed her to walk with food, ice cream to be exact. She'd walk back and forth between Bob and I eating tastes. We tried to do that with Tayo, but he'd just stand at one person and cry then sit down a crawl over.
Finally we found his motivation. Bet you can guess what it was. Yep, his blanket. We'd stand him up with his blanky and then trow the blanky to the other person and he would go for it, walking! He'd only fall for this a couple of times then he would sit down and cry. This was about a month ago.
Finally within the last week he has started walking when he wants to. He's pretty good at it. Now it is his choice of travel until he falls then it's back to crawling. But yesterday he figured out how to crouch and then stand up in the middle of the room.
Here he is walking:
I love the first steps walk. So cute!

2 comments:
it's fun to see your pictures! Claire asks about hannalee. . .hope all is well and you're loving your new house! happy summer!
I love that you used the beloved blankie as a hostage for walking!! He's gotten so big.
Post a Comment