Monday, March 19, 2012

A Boy, A Blanket, and A Thumb





Tayo (aka Linus) is soooooooooooooooooooo attached to his blanket. Let me say that again, Tayo is soooooooooooooooooooooooo, sooooooooooooooo attached to his blanket.

The blanket not even really a blanket. It is only a fuzzy yard of material I got at Jo-Ann's. I didn't even finish the edges, nothing, noda. But it is big, so very soft, and washes up great. (I really should find more, just in case.) Tayo loves all things soft and fuzzy, but this is by far the one that takes the cake. He can't sleep without it. I have mostly left it in his crib for naps and night time. If we go places where he'll have to nap, I take it with us. But other than that it stayed in the crib. That was until he became mobile.

Now he will go to his room and pull the blanket out of the crib through the rail. If it gets stuck there is a lot of screaming. He has even learned how to drag it behind him as he crawls.


This is his pure delight face as I give him the blanket.


He then sticks his thumb in his mouth and buries himself in the blanket.

But believe me I am not complaining. I love that he has a comfort object! It will quiet him right down and he loves to go in his crib. He squeals with pure delight when I go to put him in crib because he sees his blanket. Thank you blue fuzzy zoo animal yardage! We love you around here.

No comments: