Hannalee loves her dresses. She has to wear them when she goes "out" like to preschool or the store. The matching has been very questionable this winter. Most of her dresses are sleeveless, so to keep her warm she has to wear a shirt under them and pants too. I try my best to make them match, but sometimes Hannalee can be so strong will about what SHE wants to wear that I have to pick my battles. Some days she ends up looking like a little rag muffin; pink shirt, purple dress, blue pants, and cowgirl boots. But a happy household is worth is worth it.
Her latest dress wearing wants are long dresses like mommy. Dresses that "reach the ground". One day while shopping at Hobby Lobby I let her pick out some material. I love the print that she choose. (OK, so I pushed her toward that one and away from others. But she still thinks that she choose it. :0)
I made up a pattern based on a few dresses that I saw on the Internet. (Got to love Pinterest.) This is how it turned out:
I wanted it to have sleeves so she wouldn't have to wear a shirt under it. The sleeves are my favorite part and so easy! Hannalee loved how long it was and calls it her "Princess Dress".
I love the pleats and the bias tape along all the edges. I'm glad my little girl loves dresses because she looks so dang cute in them and they are so fun to make.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go, it looks GREAT!! I REALLY wish we lived closer to you guys so you could teach me how to make dresses.
Post a Comment