Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Leaf Jumping (A first)

At our old house we never had to rake leaves. Oh, we had trees, they had lots and lots of leaves. The leaves fell to the ground, yes, but before we ever had to rake them our "regular" wind would blow them away.

(Speaking of blowing, remember that huge wind storm that knocked over trees down south, it blew hard at our new house. But when people asked how bad we got it I just said, "It wasn't even as bad as our regular wind at our old house.")

Anyway, when we moved here and the wind didn't take care of our leaves we decided we should rake them. But before Bob could put them in the trash can, I invited Hannalee to experience her first leaf pile jumping fun.

"What do you want me to do?" Jumping in a pile of leaves was a foreign concept to her.
"Why? How?" she asked me.


"Like this?" as she walked slowly through them.

She wasn't getting the jump in, ruin the pile idea. So, I picked her up and tossed her in.



Then she got it.

No comments: