Hannalee has officially selected her favorite security object: a beautiful pink and yellow crocheted blanket from my cousin Lynn.
Unfortunately it was not the one I would have liked her to choose. First reason, it is too beautiful to use as an every day blanket.
Second reason, it isn't as durable as most cotton blankets, especially when Hannalee chews on it. (Which she loves to do. She has an obsession about eating fuzzy things.)
Third reason, it is not as easy to wash because it has to be on the gentle cycle.
But I suppose it was my fault. I used this blanket to cover her up at night during the summer because it was light. Now it just makes her so happy. The other day she walked into her room, pulled it out of her crib through the bars, and walked into the office toting it along behind her. It was so cute.
Then yesterday when she woke up from her nap I picked her up out of her crib. I tried to hug her and give her loves, but she was squirming very hard to get down. So, I set her on the floor. She pushed my legs aside and crawled past me so fast. Apparently I had not put her blanket in the crib for nap and it was on the floor by her crib. She crawled over to it and layed down on it and gave a very satisfied sigh.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh just wait it get's worse. Bridger has one too, we can't go ANYWHERE without it. UgH!
Oh, please, it's pretty sturdy actually. I wash Maddie's (similar) on warm in a regular load with TONS in it. And Eme's and Davin's are still going strong-not problems there either. Let her enjoy it, I'm so honored that she loves it so.
Maddie's favorite blankie is which ever one she grabs first, but she too is definately another Linus.
This is so cute :)
Post a Comment